Resume and cover letter, including salary requirements must be submitted to be considered for this position. Please note that any applicants that do not include salary requirements will not be considered. Please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Domini Impact Investments LLC is currently seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to join our team in New York, New York.
Who we are:
Domini Impact Investments LLC is a SEC registered investment adviser that specializes in creating and selling mutual funds for the impact investor. Our products are designed to create positive outcomes for people and the planet while delivering competitive financial returns.
About the role:
- The Director of Marketing and Communications will implement marketing and sales efforts across retail and institutional channels and be a key member of the leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for defining, designing and executing on effective sales and communication strategies. Your goal will be to demonstrate that these initiatives translate into new customers.
- This position will focus on finding and bringing in direct, person-to person retail investors. Strategies may include implementing digital campaigns, community-based print advertising and experiential marketing techniques to develop strong relationships with retail customers.
- Attention to meeting sales goals, monitoring effectiveness of the marketing budget, maintaining the brand positioning, developing new partnerships, building brand awareness for Domini, and bringing the voice of the customer into the firm will be critical to success in this role.
- The Domini brand is quite well established, and our long-term branding and messaging strategy has recently been completed. It is not anticipated that a new ‘look and feel’, logo, or messaging is required or needed.
- This position is a management position and has profit and loss responsibility for marketing and sales in the retail channel.
- Life in a small firm requires a willingness to notice and take on any task that needs completion to ensure firm and project success. This requires a passion for engaging in new challenges and roles, as well as serving basic duties, often crucial to achieving strong results and superior best-in-class branding.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a marketing approach that optimizes paid, earned, shared, and owned (PESO) media across different channels with the goal of building customer relationships and reaching the end (individual) customer.
- Develop an understanding of the classic Domini retail customer and competitive environment for investment as it relates to public-market impact offerings. Maintain a general knowledge of the field and the demand for impact products.
- Maintain effective marketing and communications including brand positioning, which will be regularly measured using surveys and focus groups.
- Develop and report out customer feedback through the creation of new and innovative measurement mechanisms to increase knowledge and awareness of customers.
- Develop marketing budgets tied to sales goals and monitor the effectiveness of campaigns with the goal of driving sales, particularly in the retail market.
- Oversee the production, scheduling and effective distribution of marketing campaigns and publications targeted towards customers (such as the Domini Impact Report).
- Make effective use of Domini intellectual property produced as part of the research process.
- Monitor and report on new account openings, fund flows, client satisfaction and resultant press or other shares of the same.
- Coordinate and oversee on-line activities such as digital campaigns and off-line events designed to raise awareness and reach new customers. Develop means of monitoring and reporting efficacy of outreach.
- Implement workflow and reporting processes for Marketing including written marketing operations guidelines and procedures.
- Continuously test, improve, enhance and oversee domini.com.
- Continuously test, improve, enhance and oversee other digital platforms, including social media. Design efficacy feedback loops and provide routine reporting to management team.
- Communicate effectively with marketing and sales team members, senior management and through quarterly written report to the Trustees of the boards of the funds.
- Operate as a direct report for multiple employees and have management responsibilities.
- Participate in a timely manner in strategic planning and resource allocation for the company.
- All Domini employees are expected participate in client-centric events to get to know our customer base. Domini maintains an in-house call center to provide firmwide access to fund shareholders. All members of the Domini team are expected to devote a minimum of one-half day per week to direct client contact - either at events or by participating in the Domini in-house call center. This consists primarily of communications with shareholders in the Domini Funds who have inquiries about their accounts, companies in the portfolio, or other issues relating to their investments in the funds and is considered a critical component to firmwide understanding of our customer.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- 10 years of experience in marketing, sales and communications in the mutual fund industry or related financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields (marketing, communications, social sciences, finance, or business) or MBA with an emphasis in marketing.
- Solid writing and editing skills, including the ability to produce creative advertising copy consistent with the brand promise, as well as oversee production of technical reports.
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in our goal of using the power of financial systems to bring about a world of universal human dignity and ecological sustainability.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, collegiality, humility and respect for the positives of the regulatory compliance constraints we operate within.
- Ability to multitask, e.g. execute marketing campaigns, manage production schedules, organize events, motivate others and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience achieving sales targets through implementing effective marketing campaigns in the financial services industry and ideally holds a valid Series 26 license.
- Possess a detailed understanding of our highly regulated industry and the ability to thrive within regulatory constraints. Experience with financial services industry, including FINRA advertising regulations and SEC requirements is highly desirable.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to contribute productively while working with a fast-paced marketing and sales team.
- Ability to translate marketing efforts into tangible sales.
- Ability to think creatively and motivate the team to reach sales goals with positive energy.