Domini Impact Investments LLC is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our team in New York City.
Who we are:
- We believe the investments we make today will shape the world we live in tomorrow. We manage the Domini family of mutual funds to help build a better future for the planet and its people and grow a community of investors working to address a wide range of social and environmental issues.
- Domini Impact Investments LLC is a women-led SEC registered investment adviser specializing exclusively in impact investing. We serve individual and institutional investors who wish to create positive social and environmental outcomes while seeking competitive financial returns. We apply social, environmental, and governance standards to all our investments, believing they help identify opportunities to provide strong financial rewards to our fund shareholders while also helping to create a more just and sustainable economic system.
- With $3 billion in assets under management, Domini has a large, global brand presence in a small firm environment. We provide a mission-driven career with an opportunity for rapid advancement. Our nimble atmosphere allows for employees to learn and master a wide array of industry knowledge and skills, work closely and collaborate with the most senior leaders in the firm, and welcomes fresh perspectives and ideas.
- Domini is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
About the role:
- The Head of Institutional Client Relationships (ICR Head) is responsible for the development and execution of the business unit strategy, resource deployment, and workflow management to produce positive net inflows from Domini’s institutional client base and achieve exceptional client service satisfaction.
- The ICR Head will meet with clients, prospects, and consultants to communicate the investment philosophy, strategy, positioning, and performance of the Domini Funds.
- The ICR Head will routinely assess the competitive landscape, consider leverage points in the marketplace, and work interdepartmentally to showcase Domini’s existing expertise, support product development, and contribute to content creation on emerging issues and trends.
- Life in a small firm requires a willingness to take on any task that needs completion to ensure firm and project success. This requires a passion for engaging in new challenges and roles, as well as fulfilling basic duties that are often crucial to achieving strong results and best-in-class branding.
What you’ll do:
- Drive overall business unit success to increase assets under management and asset retention.
- Create, develop and document a 3-year business unit plan (ICR Plan) to help achieve Domini’s strategic plan. The ICR Plan should include an overview, specific objectives, actions, success metrics, and measurements, as well as monitoring and reporting activities.
- Communicate and collaborate with new and established contacts in the registered investment advisor (RIA) and wirehouse channels to build awareness of Domini and its new and existing products.
- Represent Domini and cover both ESG and financial material in both large- and small-scale presentations, including conference speaking, RIA presentations, and due diligence meetings with existing clients.
- Build outbound business development strategy focused on RIA channel including timeline, approach, success metrics, and monitoring and reporting activities.
- Provide feedback from the field including emerging product demand, advisor support needs, retail investor environmental and social priorities, and concerns learned through gatekeeper interactions.
- Plan, manage, and execute conference sponsorship and attendance strategy, including budget, selection, attendees, speakers, registration, booth logistics, travel arrangements, advertising and communications, and panel topic submissions and planning.
- Train, mentor and evaluate ICR Associate to develop full competency related to Requests for Information (RFIs), due diligence questionnaires (DDQs), knowledge and expertise of Domini and its products, CRM platform, mutual fund distribution channels, share class structures, and broker-dealer agreements and arrangements.
- Strengthen existing process for RFI and DDQs to increase business unit efficiency and leverage cost/benefit opportunities where available.
- Master compliance rules, regulations, and requirements for communications and presentations.
- Champion Domini presentation decks, monthly and quarterly requests for information (“RFIs”) and due diligence questionnaires (“DDQs”) to effectively communicate the competitive advantages of Domini’s products and services.
- Create, coordinate, compile, and distribute monthly reports, including but not limited to ICR activity summary and highlights, new client outreach, net fund flows for institutional channels, meeting activity, upcoming meetings 30/60/90-day report (“monthly ICR reports”).
- Increase in net inflows and retention of Domini’s existing institutional client base
- Exceptional client service satisfaction level
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or CFA preferred
- At least ten years of work-related experience
- A detailed understanding of institutional investors and financial markets
- Direct experience working with registered investment advisors, home office due diligence teams, and in-house model management teams
- An established base of business contacts and an understanding of mutual fund distribution channels is fundamental to success
- Demonstrated experience with relationship management
Skills and Abilities
- A passion for working to build a better world, sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative, and motivation
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially with senior-level executives
- Strong project management and mentorship skills, including attention to detail
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects, delivering on time, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above
What we offer:
- Generous compensation and paid time off package
- Employer-paid medical benefits for employee
- Employer-paid dental benefits
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Omni-channel work environment including both office and remote work