Domini Impact Investments LLC is currently seeking an Impact Research Associate to join our team in New York, New York.
Who we are:
- Domini Impact Investments LLC is a women-led SEC registered investment adviser specializing exclusively in impact investing. We serve individual and institutional investors who wish to create positive social and environmental outcomes while seeking competitive financial returns. We apply social, environmental, and governance standards to all our investments, believing they help identify opportunities to provide strong financial rewards to our fund shareholders while also helping to create a more just and sustainable economic system.
- Domini Impact investments is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
About the role:
- The Impact Research Associate is a professional member of the Domini Research department. You will be responsible for conducting social and environmental research on public companies. Tasks will include reading and analyzing company documents, press articles, and third-party reports to evaluate companies according to Domini’s investment standards regarding environmental management, product quality, and corporate relations with customers, employees, investors, and communities.
- Life in a small firm requires a willingness to take on any task that needs completion to insure firm and project success. This requires a passion for engaging in new challenges and roles, as well as, serving basic duties, often so crucial to achieving strong results and superior best-in-class branding.
What you will do:
- Maintain a general knowledge of social and environmental issues as they relate to companies.
- Develop an understanding of the business environment and business models of various industries.
- Communicate effectively with research team members and senior management.
- Participate in a timely manner in the day-to-day researching processes of the department.
- Complete profiles of assigned companies in a timely manner.
- Contact community, environmental, labor and other public interest organizations that analyze the social and environmental records of companies.
- Attend ESG Committee meetings and present research to the Impact Committee.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Corporate Engagement team.
- Keep current on developments in the social investment industry.
- Develop an in-depth and focused understanding of specific social and environmental issues.
In addition, the Impact Research Associate will be expected to devote approximately one-half day per week to client contact. This consists primarily of communications with shareholders in the Domini Funds who have inquiries about their accounts, companies in the portfolio, or other issues relating to their investments in the funds.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields (social sciences, finance, business, humanities, environmental science, etc.).
- Solid writing and research skills, including the ability to produce definitive analysis
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in, social and environmental issues
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to execute tasks in a timely manner
- Independent problem solver with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to contribute productively while working with a fast-paced development team
- Ability to work with little to no micromanagement
- Ability to think creatively and use complex logic in order to find possible product issues
What we offer:
- Extremely competitive salary range commensurate with experience
- Medical benefits and 401k