Domini Impact Investments LLC is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our team in New York City.
Who we are:
- We believe the investments we make today will shape the world we live in tomorrow. We manage the Domini family of mutual funds to help build a better future for the planet and its people and grow a community of investors working to address a wide range of social and environmental issues.
- Domini Impact Investments LLC is a women-led SEC registered investment adviser specializing exclusively in impact investing. We serve individual and institutional investors who wish to create positive social and environmental outcomes while seeking competitive financial returns. We apply social, environmental, and governance standards to all our investments, believing they help identify opportunities to provide strong financial rewards to our fund shareholders while also helping to create a more just and sustainable economic system.
- With $3 billion in assets under management, Domini has a large, global brand presence in a small firm environment. We provide a mission-driven career with an opportunity for rapid advancement. Our nimble atmosphere allows for employees to learn and master a wide array of industry knowledge and skills, work closely and collaborate with the most senior leaders in the firm, and welcomes fresh perspectives and ideas.
- Domini is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
About the role:
- The Senior Impact Research Associate is a professional member of the Domini Impact Research Department. You will be responsible for conducting social and environmental research on public companies. Tasks will include reading and analyzing company documents, press articles, and third-party reports to evaluate companies according to Domini’s Impact Investment Standards which are shaped by twin ambitions: universal human dignity and ecological sustainability.
- Life in a small firm requires a willingness to take on any task that needs completion to ensure firm and project success. This requires a passion for engaging in new challenges and roles, as well as, serving basic duties, often so crucial to achieving strong results and superior best-in-class branding.
What you’ll do:
- Develop an understanding of the business environment and business models of various industries.
- Complete research reports on social and environmental performance and attributes of corporations in specific industry groups in a timely manner.
- Contact community, environmental, labor and other public interest organizations that analyze social and environmental issues.
- Attend Impact Review Committee meetings to present research and recommendations on investment eligibility based on companies' environmental and social performance to voting members of the Committee.
- Communicate, collaborate, and participate in corporate engagement activities with Domini's Director of Engagement.
- Maintain a general knowledge of environmental and social issues as they relate to companies.
- Keep current on developments in the social investment industry.
- Develop an in-depth and focused understanding of specific social and environmental issues.
- Periodic interaction (approximately eight hours per month) with Domini Fund shareholders and prospects via phone, providing friendly, attentive, responsive assistance on basic product and transaction-based inquiries with appropriate channel for escalation when needed
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields (social sciences, finance, business, humanities, environmental science, etc.)
- Solid research skills, including the ability to produce definitive analysis
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in, social and environmental issues
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute tasks in a timely manner
- Independent problem solver with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to contribute productively while working with a fast-paced development team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively with research team members and senior management
What we offer:
- Generous compensation and paid time off package
- Employer-paid medical benefits for employee.
- Employer-paid dental benefits
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Omni-channel work environment including both office and remote work