Domini Impact Investments LLC is currently seeking a Vice President, Communications & Impact Research to join our team in New York City.
Who we are:
- We believe the investments we make today will shape the world we live in tomorrow. We manage the Domini family of mutual funds to help build a better future for the planet and its people and grow a community of investors working to address a wide range of social and environmental issues.
- Domini Impact Investments LLC is a women-led SEC registered investment adviser specializing exclusively in impact investing. We serve individual and institutional investors who wish to create positive social and environmental outcomes while seeking competitive financial returns. We apply social, environmental, and governance standards to all our investments, believing they help identify opportunities to provide strong financial rewards to our fund shareholders while also helping to create a more just and sustainable economic system.
- With $2.9 billion in assets under management, Domini Impact Investments LLC has a large, global brand presence in a small firm environment. We provide a mission-driven career with an opportunity for rapid advancement. Our nimble atmosphere allows for employees to learn and master a wide array of industry knowledge and skills, work closely and collaborate with the most senior leaders in the firm that welcomes fresh perspectives and ideas.
- Domini is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
About the role:
- The role of Vice President, Communications & Impact Research is to develop, aid and enhance the communications of Domini’s research, engagement and investment products to retail and institutional clients, and to support and contribute to the production of Domini’s proprietary environmental and social research.
- Life in a small firm requires a willingness to take on any task that needs completion to insure firm and project success. This requires a passion for engaging in new challenges and roles, as well as, fulfilling basic duties, often crucial to achieving strong results and best-in-class branding.
What you'll do:
Communications (approximately 60% of time allocation)
- Use strong writing skills and ESG knowledge to provide macro-level input, drafting and review of content related to Domini’s intellectual property focusing on tone, culture and story telling.
- Contribute conceptual direction and detailed review of content drafted by others. Provide comments and feedback on drafts and design layout within the confines of design format and word count as determined by project manager for each project.
- Build interdepartmental relationships to create best-in-class content in a seamless and frictionless environment.
- Partner with research, marketing and engagement staff members on communication of environmental and social impact of Domini research and investment products, including but not limited to:
- Quarterly Impact ReportAnnual Impact Report
- Quarterly Research Board Report
- Annual and Semi-annual Report Essay
- Website content including product, research and engagement information and current events such as blogs and news
- Domini Impact Investment Standards
- Various fund marketing materials such as:
- Fund Fact Sheets
- Presentation Decks
- Present Domini Fund products to institutional clients for introductory and due diligence meetings.
- Represent Domini at conferences and in the press through conference attendance and public speaking as well as press meetings and contributing to thought leadership development and
- Drafting and assistance with email inquiries for retail and institutional clients.
Impact Research (approximately 40% of time allocation)
- Research approximately 100 large company and fixed income profiles per year.
- Assist in departmental needs, including but not limited to, training, list generation, internal research database development and corporate actions, as needed.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields (social sciences, finance, business, humanities, environmental science) required
- 5-10 years of work experience, preferably direct experience working on sustainability-related issues. Knowledge of climate, energy and human rights desirable.
- A basic understanding of institutional investors and financial markets.
- Demonstrated experience with relationship management.
Skills and Abilities
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Strong writing skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially with senior-level executives.
- Public speaking skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects, delivering on time, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Consider obtaining Series 6 and 63 FINRA licenses
What we offer:
- Generous compensation and paid time off package
- Employer-paid medical benefits for employee
- Employer-paid dental benefits
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Omni-channel work environment including both office and remote work